爱博国际地址 contracts for goods and services utilizing two formats: 邀请投标 (IFB) and Request for 建议 (RFP). The documents may be obtained via download on the 爱博国际地址 BidNet Direct Portal. You will need to create an account to download the bid documents and all relevant documents including any addenda.
爱博国际地址’s Executive Director reserves the right to reject any and all bids, or any item or items of the bid, and to waive technical defects which are not of a substantive nature if 爱博国际地址 should determine that it is in its best interest to do so.
爱博国际地址 is an equal opportunity (EEO) affirmative action (AA) employer. Certified minority and women-owned business enterprises are encouraged to respond.
- Submitted bid or contract documents must be on forms obtained from 爱博国际地址
- Proposal must be signed by bidder
- Bid must be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the bid or contract number and name
- Proposal must be filed at Procurement at the above address prior to the bid opening time and date as stated in the advertisement and noted on the bid or contract document and the bid envelope
Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises
爱博国际地址, acting through its Board of Commissioners, has adopted a Policy on the Utilization of Minority Business Enterprises (MBE's) and Women's Business Enterprises (WBE's) requiring that affirmative action be taken to ensure that MBE's and WBE's are used by 爱博国际地址 in a more equitable manner.
The goals for the award of eligible contract dollars are established by 爱博国际地址 and are based upon the findings of a disparity study conducted by National Economic Research Associates, 公司. These goals will be measured in the aggregate during each fiscal year for contracts awarded by 爱博国际地址 for commodities and services, and on a contract by contract basis for contracts awarded by 爱博国际地址 for construction services.
- The goals set for Professional Services are: MBE 15% and WBE 6%
- The goals set for Construction Services are: MBE 9% and WBE 6%
爱博国际地址 recognizes the importance of successful Affirmative Action 项目 to the continued growth and vitality of the City of Boston and will use its best efforts in meeting these goals. The Boston Water and Sewer Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women- and Minority-Owned Businesses are encouraged to participate.
IFB’s are divided into two categories: goods and non-professional services, and construction projects. The IFB process is initiated by advertisement in local newspapers or journals, followed by submission of bids, public bid opening and award of contract.
Request for 建议 (RFP)
RFPs are used mainly to obtain professional services. The RFP process allows 爱博国际地址 to weigh the relative merits of proposals submitted by competing offers. A contract shall be awarded to the offeror submitting the most advantageous offer to 爱博国际地址.
Below are general evaluation criteria used in rating RFPs:
- Quality of the proposer's technical approach
- Overall responsiveness of the proposal
- Quality and experience of the firm and key personnel
- Cost competitiveness of the proposal
- Financial stability and ability to meet 爱博国际地址’s affirmative action standards
建议 must be submitted within the time and date specified. Any proposals received after the time and date will not be accepted. 建议 sent via facsimile will not be accepted. 建议 shall not be opened publicly but shall be opened in the presence of one or more witnesses. The proposal contents shall be kept confidential and not disclosed to competing offerors until the evaluation process is completed and 爱博国际地址 executes the contract.
The Boston Water and Sewer Commission is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer. Certified minority and woman owned business enterprises are encouraged to respond.